- Are you a keen walker?
- Are you capable of walking 25KM / 50KM with ease?
- Are you good with people and have a desire to support others?
- Are you a past participant wanting to help people similar to yourself?
- As a Trek Master you will be the main, and sometimes only, support on the route of the challenge...
As a Trek Master you will be the main support on the route of the challenge. You will be walking the route, helping to light up the night stages, offering a visible, friendly and encouraging voice. When night falls we begin our ‘Static departures’, which happen every 15 minutes to encourage walkers to stick together, our Trek Masters are placed with large groups to set the support off to a good start.
Your role will be varied and can entail everything from interaction with the participants and helping those who need it most, checking routes and signage, 'static marshalling' potential hazards along the route and reporting anything to control.
It is a tough job walking through the night, however it is the most rewarding role on our events!
When volunteering with Action Challenge, we want to ensure you gain as much from the experience as you give the participants. Here are just a few perks of volunteering with us...
- Meet like minded people
- Make new friends
- Help friends & family taking part
- Up to £30 travel expenses
- Volunteer t-shirt and cap
- Action Challenge lanyard and buff
- Free parking
- Free meal on site
- 10% off Action Challenge merchandise
- Earn discount off our events with the Volunteer Loyalty Scheme...
In return for your time on the event, you can clock up points to gain discount on our events. For each event worked you will earn 1-3 points. This can be claimed on any of our UK events and used at any point throughout the 2019 season.
1. You have completed the form attached to register your interest, our Volunteer team will be in touch within a few weeks to confirm.
2. Once you have been confirmed onto the event, we will be behind the scenes planning where our Volunteer teams will be best placed.
3. You will hear from us 2 months prior to the event to go over the final details such a timings and locations.
4. Around 4 weeks before the main event, you will receive your confirmation email which will include everything you need to know to get ready for the day!
5. We will be sending over documents to ensure you're all set - before one final good luck from the team.
If you have any questions or queries, please drop an email to email@example.com where one of the team will be happy to help!